However, these steps may only work for people that do not currently have a messaging plan. This steps on how to get out of Tmobile contract is based on a recent text messaging rate increase so it may not apply to new messaging plan subscribers.
Without further delay here are the steps on how to get out of Tmobile contract:
- First you need to call T-Mobile at 800-937-8997. Then say “cancel my account” when prompted by the automate system.
- The next step on how to get out of Tmobile contract is to communicate with the live sales rep. T-mobile will want to know the reaso0n for your decision to cancel your service. inform them that you want to get out of Tmobile contract because you were notified that the text messaging rate will be increasing.
- At this point, T-Mobile will offer tempting deals to convince to stay. Needless to say, you should deny all of their offers.
- If the sales rep refuses to allow you to cancel your contract without a fee then you should remind them that you are allowed to cancel within 14 days of receiving the notification.
- If they still refuse then you should refer to this Terms of Service excerpt: Section 3 (This how to get out of Tmobile contract is founded on this statement):
IF WE MODIFY A MATERIAL TERM OF OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU AND THE MODIFICATION WOULD BE MATERIALLY ADVERSE TO YOU, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF THE INCREASE OR MODIFICATION AND YOU CAN CANCEL THAT SERVICE WITHOUT PAYING A CANCELLATION FEE (WHICH IS YOUR ONLY REMEDY) BY FOLLOWING THE CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THE NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL YOUR SERVICE BY FOLLOWING THOSE INSTRUCTIONS, OR YOU OTHERWISE ACCEPT THE CHANGE, THEN YOU AGREE TO THE INCREASE OR MODIFICATION, EVEN IF YOU PAID FOR SERVICE IN ADVANCE. IF THE NOTICE DOES NOT SAY HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO CANCEL, THEN IT IS WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE NOTICE, UNLESS A LONGER PERIOD IS REQUIRED BY LAW.
- At this point, they will generally cancel your contract. You can visit www.t-mobile.com and check if you can’t access anything. If you can’t access anything, then your T-Mobile your account has been successfully canceled.
There are other helpful guides on how to get out of Tmobile contract on the web. This guide only works during an increase in text messaging rates. I'm sure that there are other ways to show you how to get out of Tmobile contract.